Tuesday, July 29, 2008

questions

"where am i," i asked thickly. i'd just climbed through a construction site and found no way around it until i did. i had to squeeze around a fat construction worker who appeared just as i was wondering where everyone was. he ignored me and i jumped off of a cliff that was much higher than i thought, though i landed gracefully and without breaking any bones. i bent my knees upon landing, because that's what they tell you to do, but it wasn't necessary and i felt like an idiot.

"the food court," she said, without looking at me. all my friends were there but i could not see their faces. "you need to calm down."

i got really high before i went for a walk. the fluorescent lights were sputtering like indignant old ladies over my head. "am i dreaming? i can't tell if i'm dreaming."

"look" she sighed, and pressed against the two corners of my eyes with her thumbs. "you need to calm down." she pulled her thumbs away and showed me how they were wet.

"but i know i'm dreaming." my voice was glue in my mouth.

and when i woke up a second later i laughed and said

"I knew it"

No comments: